First I would like to say that I agree, computers are an important technilogical resource to have in the classroom, and if not in the classroom then in the school for research and learning. I think the basics should be tought in school. In 4th grade, I started learning how to type. We had computer class for 4th, 5th, and 6th grade, and then in junior high we were required to take keyboarding. In high school the only other required class was intro to computing. I think this is all that should be focused on in school with children. Teach them to type, then to type with efficiency, then the basics about all the programs that will be helpful to them.
Having said this, I think that is all that should be taught to children in school. I feel this way firstly because knowing too much about a computer gives a child insight to too many ways to get in trouble, but mainly because I feel that spending too much time on a computer takes away from why the teachers are there in the first place; to teach. Yes, a computer is a tool that must be used in this day and age and in the future, but I do not want to see the day when every class is taught through a comptuer and children sit and stare at a screen all day. I believe that no more than one class three days a week should be spent in the lab. After that, I believe that teachers should be teaching fundemental subjects that can't be left behind because of new technology.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment